From concept through to design, the Kinematics, the geometry and specification; the Reactor is designed from the ground up to be the ultimate aggressive trail bike. It is at home on technical climbs, but happiest when thrashing the most technical trails you can point it at.
To optimize the weight, strength and stiffness, the Reactor Carbon frame features a full UD woven carbon fiber frameset (Including chain and seat stays). It is available for 27.5” or 29” wheel sizes. These are two totally different, compromise free frames that were designed and developed at the same time. Each frame is simply tailored around each wheel size.
Speed or play: which do you value more? The maneuverability of 27.5” or the raw speed of a 29”?
All Reactor frames feature a “flip chip” to adjust the geometry from “Trail” to “Rail mode”.
- Trail – As the name suggests, this setting is best suited for trail riding. It is for riders who get as much enjoyment from the climb as the descents
- Rail - The Rail setting turns the Reactor into a corner shredder, dropping the bottom bracket 6mm and slackening the head angle by half a degree. It is there to maximize the descending capabilities.
To ensure the bike could climb as well as it descends, we designed the 4 bar horst linkage to have higher levels of anti-squat for climbing gears but lower levels when you drop down the cassette. This means that the bike can behave itself on the climbs but when you get it up to speed, it turns into a trail hooligan. The combination of low anti-squat and progressive rate give ultimate small bump compliance (removes rough trail and root chatter) with good mid stroke support for cornering/pumping and end stroke progression for aggressive riding. Balanced anti-rise figures allow the Reactor some squat when braking hard, maintaining rider position and providing a good amount of pressure through the tire to ensure traction. The Reactor is designed to reward the rider and ensure you get that stoke factor in on any ride.
Please Note: Due to severe delays in the bicycle supply chain, we have been forced to make some alterations to the specification of the component parts supplied with this bicycle. As a result the specification may differ from those shown in the images. Please refer to the specification table for accurate information.
- Aggressive Trail Bike
- 140mm Rear Travel
- 2 Position Trail/Rail Flip Chip, Swinglink Driven 4 Bar Horst Link Suspension, with custom tuned shock.
- 148mm Boost rear spacing
- Sizes Available: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large
|Frame||Nukeproof Reactor 275 Alloy, 140mm Travel, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set for front triangle and chain stays, UD woven carbon fibre Seat stays, internal cable routing, internal cable routing, ISCG 05 mount, Enduro bearings, threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured rubber frame protection.||Nukeproof Reactor 275 Alloy, 140mm Travel, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set for front triangle and chain stays, UD woven carbon fibre Seat stays, internal cable routing, internal cable routing, ISCG 05 mount, Enduro bearings, threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured rubber frame protection.||Nukeproof Reactor 275 Alloy, 140mm Travel, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set for front triangle and chain stays, UD woven carbon fibre Seat stays, internal cable routing, internal cable routing, ISCG 05 mount, Enduro bearings, threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured rubber frame protection.|
|Fork||Marzocchi Bomber Z2, 150mm, 44mm Offset, BOOST, RAIL Damper, Gloss Black (SHORT ID: D6S3)||RockShox Pike Select + Charger 2 RC 150mm, 46mm Offset, BOOST, Debonair, Gloss Black|
|Shock||RockShox Super Deluxe Select R, Custom ML Tune, 210x55mm, Bearing End, 1x bottomless token fitted.||RockShox Super Deluxe Select+ RT, Custom ML 320 tune, 210x55mm, Bearing End, 1x bottomless token fitted.||RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT, Custom ML 320 tune, 210x55mm, Bearing End, 1x bottomless token fitted|
|Front Wheel||Sun-Ringle Duroc 35 Comp 27.5", 15x110mm||Nukeproof Neutron V2 27.5", Tubeless Ready, 32h, 110x15mm|
|Rear Wheel||Sun-Ringle Duroc 35 Comp 27.5", Shimano Microspline Driver, 148x12mm||Nukeproof Neutron V2 27.5", Tubeless Ready, 32h, SRAM XD Driver with 36 points of engagement, 148x12mm|
|Tyres||Front: Maxxis Assegai 27.5”x2.5 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR, Rear: Maxxis Dissector 27.5”x2.4 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR||Front: Maxxis Assegai 27.5”x2.5 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR, Rear: Maxxis Dissector 27.5”x2.4 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR|
|Crankset||Shimano Deore M6100 12 Speed Crank, 170mm, 32T, 52mm Chainline||SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed, 170mm, 32T, B148, DUB|
|Shifter||Shimano Deore M6100-IR, 12-speed Rapidfire Plus, I-Spec EV||SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed|
|Rear Deraileur||Shimano Deore M6100, SGS 12-Speed, Shadow Plus||SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed|
|Chain||Shimano Deore M6100 12-Speed||SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed|
|Cassette||Shimano Deore M6100 12-Speed (HYPERGLIDE+), 10-51T||SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed, CS XG1275 EAGLE 10-52T|
|Brakes||Shimano Deore M6120 4 pot brake, Resin Pads||SRAM Guide RE|
|Front Rotor||Shimano SM-RT66, 203mm||SRAM Centreline, 200mm|
|Rear Rotor||Shimano SM-RT66, 180mm||SRAM Centreline, 180mm|
|Handlebars||Nukeproof Neutron V2 25mm Rise, Width - M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm)||Nukeproof Horizon V2 25mm Rise, Width - M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm)|
|Stem||Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm, black||Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm, black|
|Saddle||Nukeproof Horizon SL, Black||Nukeproof Horizon SL, Black|
|Seatpost||Brand X Ascend internal, 31.6mm, S: 125mm; M:150mm drop; L/XL: 170mm Drop||Brand X Ascend internal, 31.6mm, S:125mm; M:150mm drop; L/XL: 170mm Drop|
|Headset||Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS||Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS||Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS|
|Grips||Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature||Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature|
|Bearings||Enduro Bearings||Enduro Bearings||Enduro Bearings|
|Weight:(Size Medium)||14.67kgs/32.3lbs (Tubeless)||14.1kgs/31lbs (Tubeless)||3.77Kgs/8.3lbs (Medium)|
Geometry & Sizing
|(C) Effective Top Tube Length||580||610||640||675|
|(D) Seattube Length||381||420||458||508|
|(E) Effective Seattube Angle||75.5°
|(F) Seattube Angle (Actual)||71°
|(G) Saddle Height at Saddle Offset||650||700||750||850|
|(H) Saddle Offset at Saddle Height||164.71||181.03||196.99||229.25|
|(I) Headtube Length||110||115||120||125|
|(J) Headtube Angle||66°
|(K) Chainstay Length||430||430||430||430|
|(L) Front Centre||728||759||790||825|
|(N) Bottom Bracket Drop||-18
|(O) Bottom Bracket Height||336
|(P) Stand Over Height||723/721||721/725||722/730||725/737|
|(Q) Fork Travel||150||150||150||150|
|(S) Fork Offset||46||46||46||46|
|(T) Axle to Crown||545||545||545||545|
|(U) Maximum Seatpost Insert||175||215||250||300|
- Frame Spec
- Industry Reviews
- Tech Docs
- Where can I buy Nukeproof Bikes?
- Nukeproof bikes, components and apparel is sold through an authorised dealer network. Check out our dealer locator for your local local stockist or preferred online store www.nukeproof.com/dealers.
- Do your bikes come with Warranty?
- All Reactor frames come with a 5 year frame warranty (Please visit www.nukeproof.com/warranty for full info). On top of that we also offer an extended 2-year warranty on all components excluding wear and tear items such as bearings, brake pads, chains & cassettes etc. Our Warranty policy applies to the original owner and processed by our authorised retail partners. To see their warranty process check: www.nukeproof.com/warranty
- Where can I demo a Nukeproof bike?
- We run numerous demo's through the year at major events and with our dealer network. Check out www.nukeproof.com/demo for when we may be near you. If this is unavailable to you, you can always request a demo through your local authorised stockist.
- What size bike do I need?
- All our products come with a size guide. This is designed as an indication of the size that may suit you. If you are still unsure speak with one of our dealers who will be happy to help you pick the right size and model for you.
- How does you bike range work?
- Our range is named based on specification level. Not every Bike Frame will have each specification level, but in order of price they run: Sport - Race - Comp - Pro - Elite- Factory/ST (Reactor Only) - RS
|Material:||Hydroformed 6061 Triple-Butted Aluminium|
|Fork Travel:||150mm (RS 160mm)|
|Axle to Crown:||545mm (RS 555mm)|
|Max Tyre Size:||2.6"|
|Recommended Shock Sag (Measured seated):||30%|
|Shock Hardware F:||25x8mm|
|Shock Hardware R:||30x8mm|
|Headtube:||44-56mm Tapered Semi-Integrated|
|Headset:||ZS44-28.6 - T2 / ZS56/40 - B8|
|Bearings Required:||2x (6902 2RS), 4x (6800 2RS), 4x (6901 2RS)|
|Seatpost:||31.6mm (Internal Routing for Dropper Seatpost)|
|BB:||Threaded 73mm BSA|
|Rear Hub:||Boost 148x12mm|
|Rear Axle:||Sram Maxle Stealth M12x1.75 180mm (Thread Length 20mm)|
|Brake Mount:||180mm Direct Post|
|Protection:||3D Contoured Rubber Frame Protection for DT/SS/CS|