The Nukeproof Cub Scout 20 Sport: A proper kid’s mountain bike
Let’s face it, your kid probably shreds harder than you. They deserve a bike that’s up to the task.
Taking inspiration from our award-winning Scout adult hardtail range, the Cub Scout 20 Sport has been designed from the ground up as a proper hard-hitting hardtail mountain bike.
Developed and tested with the help of our in-house test team (our own children), the Cub Scout is designed to inspire the next generation of riders as they gain confidence and learn the ropes of riding. It’s a class-leading miniature hardtail available in 20-inch, 24-inch and 26-inch wheel sizes.
How it Rides
The hydroformed 6061 lightweight aluminum frame is designed specifically with kid shredders in mind. The modern long, low and slack geometry is based on Nukeproof’s Scout hardcore hardtail, making it plenty capable on singletrack and burly enough to withstand regular off-road abuse.
We’ve also carefully selected components and specced youth-specific options where it made sense, such as shorter brake levers for improved control and resized crank arms. The front fork has also been specially tuned for smaller riders, and the cockpit — including the saddle, grips and handlebars — is from the youth-specific Nukeproof Urchin line.
The range of wheel sizes means you can choose the appropriate size bike for your kid, whether you’re looking for them to grow into the frame or for it to be a perfect fit from the gun.
It’s light enough for your kid to handle, durable enough for them to abuse, and with a spec kit chock-full of youth-specific components, you’ll know it’ll be a formidable match for your budding EWS racer.
The Nukeproof Cub Scout 20 Sport Component Details
- Cub Scout 20-inch alloy fork
- Shimano M315 8-speed drivetrain
- Clarkes Clout kid-specific hydraulic disc brakes
- Joytec 20-inch wheels
- Maxxis Minion DHF 20x2.4 tires
|Frame||Nukeproof Cub-Scout 20”, custom butted hydro-formed 6061 Alloy, threaded bottom bracket, 142mm Bolt-thru rear axle spacing||Nukeproof Cub-Scout 20”, custom butted hydro-formed 6061 Alloy, threaded bottom bracket, 142mm Bolt-thru rear axle spacing|
|Fork||Nukeproof Cub-Scout 20”+ Fork, custom butted hydro-formed 6061 Alloy, 1 1/8th Steerer, 40mm Offset, 15x100mm Bolt-thru Axle||Manitou Machete JUNIT 20” Expert Air, 80mm Travel, 1.5 Tapered Steerer, 40mm Offset, BOOST 15x110mm Bolt-thru Axle|
|Front Wheel||Joytec D041-15 15x100mm hub on WTB STi30 20" TCS Rim||Nukeproof Neutron 15x110mm hub on WTB STi30 20" TCS Rim|
|Rear Wheel||Joytec D952TSE-X12 12x142mm hub on WTB STi30 20" TCS Rim||Nukeproof Neutron 12x142mm hub on WTB STi30 20" TCS Rim|
|Tyres||Front & Rear: Maxxis Minion DHF 20" x 2.4”, TR||Front & Rear: Maxxis Minion DHF 20" x 2.4”, TR|
|Crankset||Samox TAF38J 2 Piece Crank 127mm, 32T, BCD 104||Samox TAF38J 2 Piece Crank 127mm, 32T, BCD 104|
|Shifter||Shimano M315 8-Speed, w optical display||BOX FOUR 8-Speed|
|Rear Deraileur||Shimano M310 8-Speed||BOX FOUR Short Cage 8-Speed with Clutch|
|Chain||KMC Z8.1 EPT 8-Speed||BOX FOUR 8-Speed|
|Cassette||Sunrace CSM55 8-Speed, 11-34T||Sunrace CSM680 8-Speed, 11-42T|
|Brakes||Clarkes Clout Kids Specific Hydraulic Brakes||Clarkes Clout Kids Specific Hydraulic Brakes|
|Front Rotor||Clarkes, 160mm||Clarkes, 160mm|
|Rear Rotor||Clarkes, 160mm||Clarkes, 160mm|
|Handlebars||Nukeproof Urchin 600mm Wide, 15mm Rise, 31.8mm Clamp||Nukeproof Urchin 600mm Wide, 15mm Rise, 31.8mm Clamp|
|Stem||40mm, black||Nukeproof Neutron AM, 35mm, black|
|Saddle||Nukeproof Urchin, Black||Nukeproof Urchin, Black|
|Seatpost||Nukeproof Urchin, Black, 27.2mm, 300mm Long, 0 Offset||Nukeproof Urchin, Black, 27.2mm, 300mm Long, 0 Offset|
|Headset||Nukeproof Warhead, 44-44 IESS||Nukeproof Warhead, 44-44 IETS|
|Grips||Nukeproof Urchin Single Clamp lock on, 115mm Long, Soft Compound||Nukeproof Urchin Single Clamp lock on, 115mm Long, Soft Compound|
Geometry & Sizing
|(C) Effective Top Tube Length||459
|(D) Seattube Length||265||320||360|
|(E) Effective Seattube Angle||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|(F) Seattube Angle (Actual)||72.5°
|(G) Saddle Height at Saddle Offset||420||460||510|
|(H) Saddle Offset at Saddle Height||126.3||150.35||151.24|
|(I) Headtube Length||100||100||100|
|(J) Headtube Angle||66.5°
|(K) Chainstay Length||355||405||420|
|(L) Front Centre||541||592||661|
|(N) Bottom Bracket Drop||-35
|(O) Bottom Bracket Height||240
|(P) Stand Over Height||518.6||616.4||655.5|
|(Q) Fork Travel||80||100||120|
|(S) Fork Offset||38||38||46|
|(T) Axle to Crown||385
|(U) Maximum Seatpost Insert||200||220||260|
*All dimensions in mm unless otherwise stated
- Frame Spec
- Tech Docs
- Where can I buy Nukeproof Bikes?
- Nukeproof bikes, components and apparel is sold through an authorised dealer network. Check out our dealer locator for your local local stockist or preferred online store www.nukeproof.com/dealers
- Do your bikes come with Warranty?
- All Cub Scout frames come with a 5 year frame warranty (Please visit www.nukeproof.com/warranty for full info). On top of that we also offer an extended 2-year warranty on all components excluding wear and tear items such as bearings, brake pads, chains & cassettes etc. Our Warranty policy applies to the original owner and processed by our authorised retail partners. To see their warranty process check: www.nukeproof.com/warranty
- Where can I demo a Nukeproof bike?
- We run numerous demo's through the year at major events and with our dealer network. Check out www.nukeproof.com/demo for when we may be near you. If this is unavailable to you, you can always request a demo through your local authorised stockist.
- What size bike do I need?
- All our products come with a size guide. This is designed as an indication of the size that may suit you. If you are still unsure speak with one of our dealers who will be happy to help you pick the right size and model for you
- How does you bike range work?
- Our range is named based on specification level. Not every Bike Frame will have each specification level, but in order of price they run: Sport - Race - Comp - Pro - Elite- Factory/ST (Reactor Only) - RS
|Material:||Hydroformed 6061 Triple-Butted Aluminium|
|Fork Travel:||Rigid (Sport) / 80mm (Race)|
|Axle to Crown:||385mm|
|Max Tyre Size:||2.6"|
Sport: ZS44-28.6 / ZS44-30 (For 1 1/8" Steerer)
Race: ZS44-28.6 / EX44/40 (For Tapered Steerer fork)
|BB:||Threaded 68mm BSA|
Sport: 100x15mm (non boost)
Race: 110x15mm (boost)
|Rear Axle:||M12*1.5 Thread x 168mm (Thread Length 17mm)|
|Front Axle:||Included with fork|
|Brake Mount:||160mm Direct Post|
|Protection:||Kevlar Chainstay Protector|