The Nukeproof Giga 275 Carbon Frame: Gluttony is not a sin
In the pursuit of the ultimate super enduro mountain bike, gluttony is a virtue.
A bike built for the riders who demand a bike that can go bigger, faster and longer, the Nukeproof Giga 275 was birthed from a gluttonous lust for more. We wanted more travel, more capability and more shredability; something that could still comfortably pedal uphill, but would descend like an absolute hooligan.
Thus came the Giga 275, a super enduro weapon developed straight from our award-winning Dissent downhill bike — it’s the ultimate bike for riders always hungry for more.
This frame-only version of the Giga 275 Carbon comes with the same Fox Float X2 Factory Series rear shock as our Giga 275 Elite complete bike. The X2 Factory Series is a high-performance air shock that’s so popular it nearly needs no introduction. Designed to have a coil spring-like feel and an unmatched level of tunability, the X2 Factory Series is Kashima coated, has a two-position open/firm lever and loads of adjustability.
How it Rides
Developed alongside the modern version of the Nukeproof Mega enduro bike, the Giga 275 was birthed from the desire to have a bike as versatile as the Mega but capable of shredding just as hard as our downhill bike.
We took the test mule for the Dissent downhill bike, which was in development at the time, and modified it to work as a super enduro bike. The result was mind blowing — not only did the prototype come alive at warp speed in the rowdiest descents, it climbed well and felt flickable in tight terrain. Our test riders didn’t want to give the prototype frame back.
And behold, the Giga 275 was born.
The suspension is based on the same horseshoe-driven linkage used in our Dissent downhill bike, which is designed to be supple off the top, supportive in the mid-stroke and progressive through the rest of the travel. This means the top-end of the travel has supple small bump compliance and solid mid-stroke support for better cornering and pumping.
The geometry of the full-carbon UD 700/800 frame is based on our saddle offset principle, which adjusts seat tube angle across the size range to ensure the seated riding position is perfect, no matter the rider’s height. It’s a long, low and slack frame designed to feel like a big bike on the descent with the pedal-able versatility of a modern super enduro rig. There’s also an eccentric flip chip that alters shock progressivity to suit your style and the terrain.
It also features a downtube carved out to fit a full-size water bottle inside the front triangle, an accessory mount hidden under the top tube, and it comes with a stock-installed frame protection kit.
It’s a bike built for the biggest lines — equally at home on technical big mountain enduro stages as it is lapping the wildest lines at the Whistler bike park.
|Frame||Nukeproof Giga 275 Carbon, 180mm Travel, ultra-strong monocoque UD Carbon Fibre frame, adjustable main pivot, internally piped cable routing, ISCG 05 mounts, Enduro Bearings, Threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured Rubber frame protection and Factory fitted clear paint protection kit covering TT/DT/CS/SS.|
|Shock||Fox Float X2, Factory Series, Kashima, EVOL, 2 Position lever, Custom CM, RM, Rezi CM tune, 205x65mm, Trunnion with Bearing End, 1x 0.3 spacer fitted. (SHORT ID: D63P)|
|Headset||Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS|
|Weight: (Size Medium)||3.88Kgs/8.55lbs (Tubeless)|
Geometry & Sizing
|(C) Effective Top Tube Length||564.75||591.69||610.82||632.71||654.63|
|(D) Seattube Length||380||410||440||460||480|
|(E) Effective Seattube Angle||77.75°||77.75°||78°||78°||78°|
|(F) Seattube Angle (Actual)||72.0 °||72.0 °||72.50°||72.50 °||72.5°|
|(G) Saddle Height at Saddle Offset||650||700||750||800||850|
|(H) Saddle Offset at Saddle Height||141.70||156.32||167.28||181.51||195.73|
|(I) Headtube Length||100||110||120||130||140|
|(J) Headtube Angle||63.5°||63.5°||63.5°||63.5°||63.5°|
|(K) Chainstay Length||435||435||435||435||435|
|(L) Front Centre||769.3||798.76||823.22||847.68||872.14|
|(N) Bottom Bracket Drop||10||10||10||10||10|
|(O) Bottom Bracket Height||345||345||345||345||345|
|(P) Stand Over Height||701.42||713.57||726.33||733.22||747.19|
|(Q) Fork Travel||180||180||180||180||180|
|(S) Fork Offset||37||37||37||37||37|
|(T) Axle to Crown||572||572||572||572||572|
|(U) Maximum Seatpost Insert||212||240||265||280||298|
*All dimensions in mm unless otherwise stated
- Frame Spec
- Industry Reviews
- Tech Docs
- Where can I buy Nukeproof Bikes?
- Nukeproof bikes, components and apparel is sold through an authorised dealer network. Check out our dealer locator for your local local stockist or preferred online store www.nukeproof.com/dealers
- Do your bikes come with Warranty?
- All GIGA frames come with a 5 year frame warranty (Please visit www.nukeproof.com/warranty for full info). On top of that we also offer an extended 2-year warranty on all components excluding wear and tear items such as bearings, brake pads, chains & cassettes etc. Our Warranty policy applies to the original owner and processed by our authorised retail partners. To see their warranty process check: www.nukeproof.com/warranty
- Where can I demo a Nukeproof bike?
- We run numerous demo's through the year at major events and with our dealer network. Check out www.nukeproof.com/demo for when we may be near you. If this is unavailable to you, you can always request a demo through your local authorised stockist.
- What size bike do I need?
- All our products come with a size guide. This is designed as an indication of the size that may suit you. If you are still unsure speak with one of our dealers who will be happy to help you pick the right size and model for you.
- How does you bike range work?
- Our range is named based on specification level. Not every Bike Frame will have each specification level, but in order of price they run: Sport - Race - Comp - Pro - Elite- Factory/ST (Reactor Only) - RS
|Material:||Ultra Strong T700/800 Monocoque Carbon Fibre|
|Axle to Crown:||572mm|
|Max Tyre Size:||2.6"|
|Recommended Shock Sag (Measured seated):||25%|
|Shock Hardware F:||TRUNNION|
|Shock Hardware R:||30x8mm|
|Headtube:||44-56mm Tapered Semi-Integrated|
|Headset:||ZS44-28.6 - T2 / ZS56/40 - B8|
|Bearings Required:||2x 6901-2RS MAX, 4x 6902-2RS MAX, 2x6804-2RS MAX, 2x 6900-2RS MAX|
|Seatpost:||31.6mm (Internal Routing for Dropper Seatpost)|
|BB:||Threaded 73mm BSA|
|Rear Hub:||Boost 148x12mm|
|Rear Axle:||SRAM UDH Maxle Stealth M12x1.0 180mm (Thread Length 13mm)|
|Brake Mount:||200mm Direct Post|
|Protection:||3D Contoured Rubber Frame Protection for DT/SS/CS|